Monday, October 18, 2010

G is for Grouch

Each week Naomi's school focuses on one letter. This past week the letter was G. They learn the sign language sign for G, discuss words that begin with G, they practice writing the letter, do projects around the letter, and of course crafts involving the letter! By the end of the week the kids really seem to get it, it's a great way to teach.


One of their projects for this week was to cut, paste, and color a Green Grouch. Apparently the teachers also asked each child what they would like to name their grouch. Many chose Oscar of course since the most famous green grouch is Oscar of Sesame Street. My child however had other ideas...




Can you read the name in the lower left hand corner? Yep...that's right! Tina the Green Grouch!
When asked why she named the grouch after me, she sweetly said "Because I love you the most Mama!" So I'm hoping that she didn't really correlate the definition of the word grouch with me.

No comments: