Sunday, December 19, 2010

Snow :-)

My camera had an unfortunate accident involving a certain 4 year old and a cat hidy hole, so no pictures...sorry :-(
We got snow! I love snow, I don't like driving in it, I don't even necessarily like playing in it, but it is beautiful.
Naomi was thrilled, she immediately asked to go out and play in it. For anyone who has kids, you know the drill. You suit them all up, the thick socks, the snow pants, trying to keep the long sleeved shirt sleeves down while putting on the jacket, the mittens, the hat, the boots.... Your kid can barely move, they shuffle out into the snow, play for 15 seconds and then are freezing and want back in. Or, alternatively, they need to pee. She did actually come back to the door to yell that she wanted in and I told her that if she came back in she was done for the day (I know, bad Mama!), so she gave me the Naomi look and went back out to play again. She had a blast throwing snowballs at the house! I'm pretty sure she ate quite a bit of snow and she ran around in it. We were lucky enough that the store stayed around for 2 days without getting slushy and icky, so she played in it the next day too.
As much as I like the snow, I'm glad that it is melting today. Michael has to go back to work tomorrow, so I'm glad that his commute will not be hindered by slippery roads or NM drivers.
I probably won't write again before Christmas, so I hope you all have a wonderful week! Be safe and take a moment (or two, or three) to enjoy your family and this time of year!

No comments: